Lumière, Darling. Lumière Over Me

8:16 AM


  

 



"Lumière, darling. Lumière over me"
Tenerife Sea - Ed Sheeran

That song, especially that particular lyric, have been stuck in my head for like forever. I don't know, it's just a very simple words, yet very beautiful. I always love everything about light. I love the idea of making light as a metaphor, I can't even remember how many times I wrote about light on my Tumblr. Ed Sheeran chooses to write that word in French, Lumière in French means light, and it makes that song even more beautiful. It's like saying, "You're a beautiful light, darling. Please shine over me."

My middle name is Sondang, Sondang in batak language means light or shine. Growing up, I hated that name because it sounds too bataknese and my friend at school always made fun of me. But then I know my grandma gave it to me because she also loves everything about light, just like me. She said she has a friend whose name is Sondang and she is literally like a light to her surroundings; she is kind, she is pretty, and smart. And also, my grandma's favorite song is Bersinar from Kidung Jemaat;

"Bersinar, bersinar, itulah kehendak Yesus
Bersinar, bersinar, aku bersinar terus"

Now I realize my name has a beautiful purpose in it.
So I'll lumière so bright, as God and my grandma want. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments